Important Updates from Gelson's President
Dear Gelson's Community,
I am writing today with some important updates and reminders.
First, I want to assure you that Gelson’s is continuing to receive deliveries throughout the day, 7 days per week. There will continue to be out-of-stocks as suppliers replenish. Please be patient as we work to return Gelson’s to more normal conditions. Instacart home delivery is also experiencing unprecedented demand. They are trying to add staff to open more time slots.
Second, some policy updates:
• We are enforcing limits on several popular categories – all limits are per household, per day. Eggs are limited to one dozen; the following items are limited to 2 packages each: Poultry, all Meat, Bread, Pasta, Canned Meat/Seafood, Bulk Water (1 liter or larger or multipacks), Paper Towels, Toilet Paper, Hand Sanitizer, Rubbing Alcohol, Sanitizer Wipes, Bleach. For example, if three people come together, you will be limited to one dozen eggs. Please do not try to work around this limitation and make it hard for someone else to obtain the product. We have deliveries coming every day. We reserve the right to limit quantities of any item at any time.
• We will NOT accept merchandise returns at this time. To protect the health of our customers and employees, we are not able to accept returns. Think carefully about how much you actually need, as no returns will be accepted.
Third, an update on our 65 and older shopping hour. This morning we offered our first 65+ exclusive hour from 7 am – 8 am. Response was very high at most locations. We will be making some improvements going forward, including:
• Once an initial group of customers is let in, we will monitor access and allow customers in once other customers exit.
• As a reminder, the 7 am – 8 am hours are for customers 65+ every day, so you do not need to rush in right away.
• We heard requests for more prepared/ready-to-eat foods from our Kitchen, which we will work to accommodate.
Please try to maintain adequate distance between you and others whenever possible.
Our store teams are working incredibly hard to serve you, and are away from their families all day long to help your family prepare. Please be kind to them and recognize them for the community service they are providing to you during this national emergency.
Thank you for your help, understanding, and support as we work through this unprecedented time together.
President and CEO