Bread Heads: Game Day Recipes
January 29, 2018
La Brea Bakery certainly knows how to make a stellar loaf. These appetizing items feature breads that are on sale.
CHEESY BACON & JALAPENO PULL-APART BREAD
Loaded with indulgent melted cheese, smokey bacon flavor and just the right amount of jalapeno spice, this recipe is sure to be a hit at your next get together.
- ¾ cup Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
- ¾ cup Cheddar, Shredded
- 1 cup Cooked Bacon, Chopped (About one 12 oz package uncooked)
- 1/3 cup Pickled Jalapenos, Chopped
- ¼ cup Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 4 Tbsp. Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- La Brea Bakery Country White Small Round (On Special Now!)
- Heat the oven to 350°. Place both cheeses in a medium bowl along with the bacon and chopped jalapeños. Toss to combine; set aside.
- Place the bread on a cutting board and slice the bread into 1 inch slices, making sure not to cut all the way through the bread. Rotate the bread 90°and slice the bread again creating a cross hatch appearance.
- Carefully stuff all the newly created crevasse of the bread with the cheese mixture.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the entire loaf. Use a pastry brush to brush the top of the bread with a residual butter left in the dish.
- Wrap the load tightly with tin foil that’s been sprayed with a little non-stick spray. Place the loaf on a baking sheet and put into the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Increase the heat to 400°F, remove from oven, and carefully unwrap the bread. Place back into the oven and bake for an additional 8-10 until crisp and lightly browned.
- Removed from oven, remove foil, and enjoy.
PATTY MELT WITH SRIRACHA THOUSAND ISLAND SAUCE
- Two grilled Beef Patty
- Caramelized Onions
- Swiss Cheese
- Sharp Cheddar
- Sriracha Thousand Island Sauce
- La Brea Bakery Telera Roll (On Special Now!)
- Pop the Telera roll in the toaster oven to toast lightly. Add the slices of Swiss and cheddar cheese to the bottom piece of the roll to melt while the roll toasts.
- Once the cheese is slightly melted, remove the roll and add one grilled ground beef patty, another slice of cheddar cheese and then one more ground beef patty. Finish adding ingredients with some caramelized onions on top.
- Spread a thin layer of Sriracha thousand island sauce on the top slice of the roll and complete your patty melt.
- Place back in the toaster oven for a final brief toasting until all of the cheese is melted to your preference.
- Remove, cut in half and enjoy!
GREEN GODDESS TURKEY CLUB
- Roasted Turkey
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Avocado Green Goddess Spread
- La Brea Bakery French Baguette (On Special Now!)
- Spread a layer of avocado Green Goddess spread on both pieces of the baguette sliced lengthwise to create two halves of a sandwich
- Top your sandwich with roasted turkey, crispy bacon, lettuce and tomatoes.