Genesis Invitational Sweepstakes Official Rules
2022 GENESIS INVITATIONAL EXPERIENCE SWEEPSTAKES at GELSON’S
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. HERE'S HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY 2022 Genesis invitational Experience Sweepstakes at Gelson’s (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of Los Angeles County, Orange County, Riverside County, San Diego County, Santa Barbara County, and Ventura County in California who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry. Beginning at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (PST) on 1/1/2022 through 11:59 p.m. PST on 1/31/2022, all entrants (“Entrants”) must go online to www.gelsons.com and complete the official free entry form to enter. Employees of Gelson’s and Reyes Coca-Cola Bottling Co. L.L.C, Reyes Holdings, LLC and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with this Promotion and members of the immediate families of each, are not eligible to participate in this Promotion.
2. WINNER SELECTION: One (1) Grand Prize Winner, (1) Second Prize Winner and (1) Third Prize Winner (each a “Prize Winner”) will be selected in a random online drawing on or about 2/8/2022 from among all eligible entries received. Prize Winners will be notified by phone or e-mail. Within three (3) days of notification, Prize Winner will be required to sign in the presence of a notary and return an Eligibility Affidavit and Liability and Publicity Release. If it is not returned in accordance with these Official Rules, prize may be forfeited, and an alternate winner selected from among all remaining eligible entries. Prize may also be forfeited, and an alternate Prize Winner selected if email or phone notification is not confirmed to Administrator within forty-eight (48) hours and/or overnight mail is returned as undeliverable mail without a forwarding address. Upon forfeiture, no prize or other compensation will be given. Decisions of judges are final and binding in all matters relating to this Promotion. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
3. THREE PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize – Ultimate VIP “Inside the Ropes” Experience at the 2022 Genesis Invitational for Two People. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $6000. No compensation will be paid in lieu of the experience or any portion of prize. Prize includes only those items specifically listed as part of the Grand Prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize for one of equal or greater value. Each Prize Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Limit: 1 prize per person. One (1) Second Prize – Set of Premium Golf Clubs (ARV: up to $1,200). One (1) Third Prize – Golf Gear Prize Pack includes One Jacket, Hat and smartwater Cooler ARV: $200
4. GENERAL RULES: Open only to residents of Los Angeles County, Orange County, Riverside County, San Diego County, Santa Barbara County, and Ventura County California who are 18 years of age or older as of 1/1/2022. Employees of Reyes Coca-Cola Bottling L.L.C, Reyes Holdings LLC, The 2022 Genesis Open, and its promotional partners, including, Gelson’s and each of their respective affiliates, officers, owners, directors, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies and suppliers involved in this Promotion (collectively, the “Sponsor Entities”), and the immediate family members of each, (mother, father, sister, brother, husband, wife, daughter, son, step-father, step-mother, step-daughter, step-son, step-brother, step-sister, half-brother, half-sister) and/or those living in the same household are not eligible to enter. Void outside of California and where prohibited by law. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer for consideration of any prize by Prize Winners permitted. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of Prize Winners. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. The Prize Winner is advised to seek independent counsel regarding the tax implications of their respective prize winnings. All materials submitted become the property of the Sponsors and will not be returned. Acceptance of Prize constitutes permission to the Sponsors, Sponsor Entities and their respective agencies to use Prize Winner’s name, image and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By accepting the Prize, Prize Winner understands and assumes the risks, and, in addition, Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Promotion or use or redemption of any prize. The Sponsors and Sponsor Entities expressly disclaim any responsibility or liability for injury, death or loss to any person or property relating to the delivery and/or subsequent use, malfunction, availability, and delay in delivery of the prize awarded. The Sponsors and Sponsor Entities shall not be liable to Prize Winner or any other person for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulations(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, epidemic, pandemic or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s or Sponsor Entities’ sole control, as applicable. The Sponsors and Sponsor Entities shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by the companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to Prize Winners or other persons including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by the same. The Sponsors and Sponsor Entities shall not be liable for any loss or damage to luggage or baggage. The Sponsors and Sponsor Entities make no warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use of any prize including, without limitation, quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Furthermore, by participating in this Promotion, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. In addition, Sponsors and Sponsor Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize during the administration of the Promotion.
5. DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Entrants (Entrants are also sometimes referred to as “You” or “Your”, herein) agree that any claim or dispute at law or equity that has arisen or may arise relating in any way to or arising out of the Sweepstakes, the Official Rules, or the Administrator's and/or Sponsor's Privacy Policies will be resolved in accordance with the provisions set forth in this Dispute Resolution section. Please read this section carefully. It affects Your rights and will have a substantial impact on how claims You and we have against each other are resolved.
You agree that you will not file a class action or collective action against Administrator or Sponsor, and that You will not participate in a class action or collective action against them. You agree that You will not join Your claims to those of any other person. Notwithstanding any other provision in the Official Rules, or the Administrator's and/or Sponsor's Privacy Policies, if this class action waiver is invalidated, then the agreement to arbitrate is null and void, as though it were never entered, and any arbitration dispute at that time will be dismissed without prejudice and may be refiled in a court. Under no circumstances do You, Administrator, or Sponsor agree to class or collective procedures in arbitration or the joinder of claims in arbitration. Administrator and Sponsor agree that we will submit all disputes with You to arbitration before the Arbitrator.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant, Administrator, and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, or any claim or dispute that has arisen or may arise between You, Administrator and Sponsor, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.
This arbitration provision shall survive conclusion, modification or termination of the Sweepstakes, this Promotion and suspension, revocation, closure, modification, or amendments to the Official Rules and any aspect of the relationship of the parties relating to or arising from participation in the Sweepstakes.
6. LIMITATIONS: Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, damaged, delayed, mutilated, stolen, garbled, misaddressed or postage-due entries or mail, nor for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures or connections, or availability, or garbled or jumbled transmissions, or service provider/Internet/website accessibility or availability, or traffic congestion, or infection by computer viruses, worms or bugs, or tampering, or unauthorized intervention, or fraud, or technical failures, or other issues not within Administrator’s and /or Sponsor’s control. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any of the above reasons or any other cause which in Administrator’s and/or Sponsor’s sole opinion could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Administrator and/or Sponsor reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes and select winner(s) from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the action taken.
Administrator and Sponsor are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, and assumes no responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to any Sweepstakes-related website or to an Entrant’s computer hardware, software or data, whether or not related to the Sweepstakes. Administrator and Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting in participation in, or accessing, or downloading information in connection with this Sweepstakes.
Each Prize Winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated Approximate Retail Value of the prizes as set forth in these Official Rules. Each Prize Winner must complete and sign a Form W-9.
7. COMPLIANCE WITH LAW / GOVERNING LAW / VENUE: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant, Sponsor and Administrator in connection with the Sweepstakes, are subject to and shall be construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of California without regard to conflicts of law principles. Entrants consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of state and federal courts in the State of California with respect to any disputes hereunder and to venue in any such state or federal court.
8. WINNER’S LIST: For the name of Prize Winner, available after 2/12/2022, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped (#10) envelope to: Reyes Coca-Cola LLC/Gelson’s 2022 Genesis Invitational Experience Sweepstakes Winner’s, P.O. Box 1802, Encino, CA 91426, to be received by 3/14/2022.
9. SPONSOR: Reyes Coca-Cola Bottling Company L.L.C, 400 Park Plaza, Irvine, CA 92614
10. ADMINISTRATOR: Gelson’s Market, 16400 Ventura Blvd., Suite 240, Encino, California 91436-2123. The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Entrants understand they are providing their Entry information to Sponsor and not to Facebook. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.