HEART HEALTHY BLACK COD
- Serves : 4
- 1 tablespoon Napa Valley organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper cored and thinly sliced
- 3 medium vine ripened tomatoes seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper divided
- 1 14 ounce can Reese large artichoke hearts rinsed and drained
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry or other dry white wine
- cooking spray
- 4 ea 5 ounce pieces black cod skin removed
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper and tomatoes. Season with thyme and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook for five minutes, stirring occasionally. Add artichokes and garlic and cook 1 minute. Add white wine, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
While the vegetables are simmering, heat the broiler. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and season one side of fish with remaining salt and pepper. Broil for five minutes on each side.
Carefully remove any bones from the fish. Transfer fish pieces to a serving platter and arrange vegetables around them.