Fire Roasted Corn Guacamole with California Avocados
California Avocados yield world-class guacamole and fire-roasted corn makes it even tastier. It’s a dip that’s bursting with fresh flavor.
- 1 ear fresh sweet corn
- 1 jalapeño
- 2 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded and peeled
- 1/4 cup prepared pico de gallo (I just grabbed a fresh carton in the produce section)
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- As needed Black pepper, to taste
- As needed Optional - Cotija cheese for garnish
- Roast the corn and jalapeño over fire (either on a gas stove or on a grill) until blistered and charred on all sides. (Not burned, please) After cooling for a few minutes, cut the corn off of the cob.
- Chop the avocados then mix in the pico de gallo.
- Seed and mince the roasted jalapeño. Add the jalapeño, fresh lime juice, cilantro, roasted corn, garlic, kosher salt and pepper to the avocado mixture. Adjust seasonings and serve. Serving Suggestion: Garnish with Cotija cheese if desired.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.