ACORN SQUASH GRATIN
- Serves : 5
- 1 acorn squash about 2 1/4 pounds halved lengthwise seeds and strings removed
- 1 teaspoon Napa Valley organic olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 large cloves Melissas organic garlic
- 2 tablespoons Melissas organic pine nuts toasted
- 3 tablespoons Reggiano Parmesan cheese shredded
Preheat the oven to 400 Fahrenheit.
Measure out 1/2 teaspoon olive oil into each squash half and quickly brush olive oil onto cut sides of squash and season with salt and pepper. Lay squash cut sides down on a baking sheet and place garlic next to the squash. Bake for 30 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork.
Remove squash from the oven. Carefully scoop the flesh out of the skin and into a mixing bowl. Squeeze the soft garlic out off the crispy skin. Mash the squash with the soft garlic and mix in pine nuts. Divide among five half cup ramekins or mash into a gratin dish. Sprinkle tops with cheese and bake 15 more minutes, until tops are brown. Serve hot.