Avocado Toast Recipe for Mother's Day Brunch
May 04, 2018
Let Mom linger over this dish from Gelson’s Registered Dietitian Jessica Siegel. It’s made with California Avocados – revered for their smooth, creamy texture and sublime taste.
The key to this recipe is using excellent quality ingredients, especially ripe avocados and heirloom tomatoes.
- 1 teaspoon Napa Valley organic olive oil
- 2 Gelson’s Finest organic omega 3 eggs
- pinch Le Saunier de Camargue fleur de sel sea salt
- pinch garlic powder
- 1 slice Food for Life Ezekiel 4:9 bread (orange bag)
- 1/4 large ripe but firm avocado
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- pinch black pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 leaf butter lettuce, large part of rib removed, leaf torn in half
- 2 thin slices ripe heirloom tomato
- Heat oil in your smallest skillet over medium-low heat.
- Crack in both eggs so that their yolks are close together (you will put both eggs on one slice of toast).
- Sprinkle with a pinch each salt and garlic powder.
- While eggs are cooking to desired doneness, toast the bread.
- Coarsely mash the avocado with lemon juice and spread on top of the toast.
- Season with a pinch each black pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Top with lettuce and tomato slices.
- When eggs are cooked, place them on top of the tomato slices.
- Enjoy immediately with a knife and fork.
One avocado toast recipe contains:
- Calories 320
- Fat 19g
- Saturated Fat 4g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 430mg
- Sodium 300mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19g
- Dietary Fiber 6g
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 17g
- Vitamin A 23% DV
- Vitamin C 13% DV
- Calcium 5% DV
- Iron 15% DV