Colorful Summer Tortellini Salad
August 27, 2018
Once you taste Nuovo Pasta, you’ll want bite after bite. This Colorful Summer Tortellini Salad is the ideal side for a casual yet elegant gathering.
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 packages (1 pound) Nuovo Pasta tortellini, cooked according to package's instructions + a drizzle of an olive oil
- 1.5 cups rainbow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe peach, cubed
- salt and black pepper, to taste
Pan "roasted corn":
- 1/3 cup organic corn
- 1 tsp oil of choice
- salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp male syrup
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Cook the tortellini according to package's instructions. Once cooked, dry and rinse with a cold water. Drizzle with an olive oil and lightly coat the tortellini (to prevent from sticking). Let it cool.
- On a small pan, preheat an oil. Add corn along with salt. Cook until corn is golden and beginning to brown (around 5 minutes).
- For the dressing, combine all ingredients in a jar and shake well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, place tortellini, halved rainbow cherry tomatoes, chopped kale, onion and cubed peach.
- Pour desired amount of dressing over the top, then toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to one day.
Recipe courtesy @nateats.