Lucky Irish Twice Baked Potatoes
An Irish classic gets an update with California avocado and guacamole. Of course there's cheese involved.
- As needed: Baked Potatoes
- 2 large potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. Freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup grated jack cheese, or grated cheddar-jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped chives
- 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled, seeded, cut into chunks
- As needed: Salt and pepper, to taste
- As needed: Guacamole (see recipe below)
- 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 tsp. salt, or to taste
- Mash avocado chunks with lime juice in medium bowl.
- Add cilantro and salt; blend until creamy.
- Preheat oven to 450 degree F. Bake whole potatoes in oven for 1 hour; remove potatoes and reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Let potatoes rest for 5 minutes, then cut in half lengthwise and scoop out potato flesh into large bowl. Reserve potato jackets.
- Add butter, sour cream, milk, salt, pepper, and cheese to potato in bowl; whip until creamy with electric hand mixer.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with additional salt and pepper.
- Gently stir in chives and avocado pieces.
- Spoon mixture into halved potato jackets and bake in 350 degree F oven for 20 minutes.
- Top each with a heaping spoonful of guacamole to serve.
Serve alongside a juicy steak, or serve as the main dish with a fresh green salad.
Delicious with a glass of Chardonnay.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.