Online Shopping FAQ
What cards to you accept?
We welcome Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. Unfortunately, we cannot accept Gelson’s charge cards or gift cards online.
Can I pay with a foreign credit card?
At this time, we only accept credit cards that have a United States billing address.
Is it safe to provide my credit card and other personal information?
Yes, your personal information is secured using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer), the leading security protocol on the Internet.
Will I be charged sales tax?
Online Meals/Catering: Most meals/catering items are non-taxable as they are served cold at time of pickup from a Gelson’s store.
Gift Baskets: Our gift basket prices already include applicable sales tax.
Gift Cards: Gift cards are not taxed upon purchase, but when a gift card is redeemed at a Gelson’s store, sales tax is charged for taxable products purchased.
Floral/Balloons: Floral and balloon purchases are taxed.
Is there a limit to how much I may order?
To protect your credit card from inappropriate use, gift card purchases are limited to $500. Additionally, gift basket orders in excess of 10 units may only be made in-person at one of our store locations.
SHIPPING AND DELIVERY
How are your floral gifts and gift cards shipped?
Floral Gift delivery is currently available only within 7 miles of Gelson’s locations (10 miles for the Santa Barbara store) to ensure the freshness of items. We cannot ship floral gifts to P.O. boxes. A delivery fee will be charged as outlined below:
- - Delivery from all stores except Santa Barbara: $15
- - Delivery from Santa Barbara store: $17
- Gift Card delivery is available within the continental United States, but Gelson’s gift cards can only be redeemed at a Gelson’s Market. We cannot ship gift cards to P.O. boxes. Gift cards will be shipped within two business days. Shipping options include (per delivery address):
- - USPS First-Class Mail – Free
- - USPS Priority Mail (delivery within 3 days, with tracking) – $7.95
- - FedEx 2Day® – $24.95
- The risk of loss and title for gift cards pass to the purchaser upon sale. We CANNOT replace a gift card that has been lost, stolen, destroyed, or used without your permission; therefore, we recommend that you choose FedEx for your shipping method as it is more secure. Under certain circumstances, if the card has not been redeemed, we may be able to reissue a card if you have proof of purchase. Please note that FedEx shipping times are in addition to Gelson’s handling period of up to two business days. All fees are subject to change at any time.
- May I ship to multiple destinations?
- Each gift card order for a different address will need to be placed separately.
- If a gift card is lost or stolen, will you replace it?
- Unfortunately, the risk of loss and title for gift cards pass to the purchaser upon sale. Gift cards should be treated like cash; in most cases, Gelson’s will not be able to replace the card if it has been lost, stolen, destroyed or used without your permission. For the best security, you may choose to ship your gift card via FedEx at an additional cost as outlined above.
- Can I be sure my gift will arrive on time?
- Floral gifts are delivered via DoorDash on the date specified. FedEx will guarantee gift card delivery by the end of the applicable delivery day. If FedEx misses a delivery, contact our Gift Card Coordinator at (310) 761-4509, Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. PST (excluding holidays) to arrange for a reimbursement of your shipping fee. Severe weather, disasters or other circumstances beyond the control of FedEx or Gelson’s will void the guarantee. Gift cards may take 2-3 weeks to be returned if sent by USPS.
- May I purchase gift baskets containing alcohol if I am under 21 years of age?
- We must comply with the same laws for our online store as we do in our physical stores: you must be at least 21 years of age to order, purchase or receive a gift basket that contains alcohol. By placing an order on our site that contains alcohol, you are affirming that you are 21 years of age or older, your purchase of alcohol is intended for the personal consumption of the gift basket recipient and not for resale, and the recipient of the gift basket is at least 21 years of age.
- How can I check delivery status on my floral gift or gift card?
- Tracking is available for gift cards shipped by USPS only if you choose the Priority Mail option. If you shipped using FedEx and provided an email address, we will send a confirmation to you once your gift card has been delivered. For questions regarding a gift card order, please email email@example.com or contact our Gift Card Coordinator at (310) 761-4509 Monday – Friday from 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. PST (excluding holidays).
- Tracking is available for floral gifts via the DoorDash app. For questions regarding floral gifts, please contact your local Gelson’s store from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
CANCELLATION AND RETURN POLICY
May I cancel my order?
Orders may only be cancelled by phone and only if we have not processed the order.
- To cancel a gift card order: Call (310) 761-4509 Monday – Friday from 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. PST (excluding holidays).
- To cancel a floral or gift basket order, please contact your local Gelson’s store from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
How can I be sure my gift will be perfect?
Gelson’s wants your online purchase impression to be every bit as excellent as your in-store experience, so don’t worry! We guarantee the quality of our products. Our flowers are kept refrigerated until they are sent for delivery. If for any reason you are unhappy or the floral gift arrives damaged, please return them to one of our Gelson’s Markets locations. Be sure to bring your packing slip and we will gladly provide a credit or replace damaged items.
May the gift recipient return their gift?
Yes, of course. We want them to be happy. Gift baskets may be returned to any Gelson’s Market within 30 days of receipt of the basket. Returns must be accompanied by a receipt or a copy of the online order. Returns will be made in the form of a merchandise return slip for use on other Gelson’s products. Gift basket products must be in good condition. Gelson’s does not offer refunds or cash value for gift cards, except as required by California law.
Gelson’s thanks you for your patronage and we are here to help.
Gift basket orders: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our Gift Basket Coordinator at (818) 906-5743. We are available Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. PST to assist you (excluding holidays).
Gift card orders: Please email email@example.com or contact the Gift Card Coordinator at (310) 761-4509. Gift card inquiries will be answered Monday – Friday from 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. PST (excluding holidays).
Floral orders: Please contact your local Gelson’s store from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. and ask to speak with the Floral Department.