Fried Cheese Curds Recipe for Game Day
January 29, 2018
Why not indulge in this delightful finger food you can make at home? The mild taste makes them an ideal companion for spicy sauces.
- Fresh Cheese Curds (at room temperature)
- 2 cups of vegetable oil
- 12 oz of light beer
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- Add the oil to a medium pot, and bring to a medium-high heat. In the meantime you can prepare the batter. In one bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs and add in the beer. Combine the wet mixture with the dry mixture to form your batter. Make sure you mix well to get any lumps out of the flour.
- Once your oil is heated through, dip a handful of the curds into your batter. Use a slotted spoon to scoop a few at a time, letting some excess batter strain, then carefully place them in the hot oil.
- Fry them for only a minute or so, just until they turn a light golden brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon, or cooking spider if you have one, and let them rest on some paper towel.
- Serve them warm with your favorite sauce.