Traditional Beef Brisket Recipe
March 21, 2018
Try this recipe for a beautiful brisket.
- 1 4 lb. Brisket, fat trimmed
- 6 cloves Garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 2 large Onions, chopped
- 6 Carrots, chopped
- 5 Celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cup Tomato juice
- 1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- ½ cup Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 325° F Rinse the meat with water. Pat it dry.
- Rub the meat on all sides with crushed garlic and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed casserole and brown the meat on all sides.
- Add the onions, carrots, and celery. Cover with tomato juice, worcestershire sauce and sprinkle with the onion soup mix.
- Cover and bake in the oven for 3 hours.
- Before serving, remove the cover and brown ½ hour more.
Our USDA Choice Certified Angus Beef Boneless Brisket Flat Cut is on special now through April 10! Visit your local Gelson's Meat Department today.