Crispy, buttery, cheesy, sweet, tangy, and salty — these little sliders have it all! They’re shredded pork, sliced ham, Swiss cheese, yellow mustard, and dill pickles on a soft slider bun. A classic Cubano, and a perfect bite!
They’re ridiculously easy to make, and they can (and should) be rolled out for every kind of heavy snacking occasion. We like to make them for Friday night happy hours with the S.O. They’re also the ultimate TV dinner for a Saturday movie night with the kiddos. Game day snacks? Yup! To all of the above, add some potato chips and a side of pickled veggies, and you’re all set.
Our tip: don’t forget that we carry shredded pork at Gelson’s.
1 dozen slider buns
4 Tbsp yellow mustard
½ lb shredded pork
½ lb sliced ham
½ lb Swiss cheese
4 large dill pickles, sliced
2 Tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 450º and line a baking sheet measuring 9 x 13 inches with parchment paper.
- Slice the slider buns in half horizontally in one piece, and put the bottom half on the baking sheet.
- Add a thin layer of the yellow mustard, and then top with shredded pork, ham, Swiss cheese, and slices of dill pickle.
- Cover with the top half of the rolls, and brush it with melted butter.
- Top the sliders with another sheet of parchment paper and press them down lightly with a heavy baking dish.
- Bake the sliders until they’re heated through and the cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.
- Separate the rolls into individual sliders and serve immediately.