Gin Fizz with Pomegranate Kombucha
November 21, 2018
Once you’ve developed a taste for kombucha, it becomes well nigh addictive. The very things that make it so — the vinegar-forward, slightly sweet flavor, and light effervescence — also make it a marvelous mixer.
Here Health-Ade Pomegranate Kombucha not only brings the fizz, but helps build on the puckery lemon, making it even brighter and fruitier. In fact, some of our tasters thought this was a grapefruit-based drink! That wonderful, center-of-the-tongue, sweet-tart flavor is the perfect companion for our simple syrup, which brings a sweet, rosemary-and-spice base note to the drink.
Another bonus of the pomegranate kombucha is that it gives our Gin Fizz a lovely, flamingo pink hue — and a shot of probiotics. It’s the perfect Thanksgiving cocktail and digestif, all in one. Our tip: You can use any gin, of course, but we recommend Hendrick’s Gin for its refreshing cucumber and rose petal notes, which play so well with all the fruits, herbs, and spices in this drink.
1 oz Hendrick’s Gin
1 oz lemon juice
.5 oz Rosemary-Cinnamon Simple Syrup
2 to 4 oz Health-Ade Pomegranate Kombucha
- In a shaker, combine the gin, lemon juice, rosemary syrup, and ice.
- Strain the cocktail over ice, top with Kombucha, and gently stir everything together.
- Garnish with a lemon slice and rosemary sprig.
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 sprig rosemary
1 cinnamon stick
- In a small saucepan, combine all the ingredients and bring them to a simmer over medium heat, stirring continuously until sugar dissolves.
- Remove the syrup from the heat. Once it has cooled, remove cinnamon and rosemary and transfer it to a sealable container.
- You can store the simple syrup in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.