Our Favorite Corned Beef and Beer Crock-Pot Recipe
Go slow and savor the flavor... Make our crock-pot corned beef and save $2!
- 3 -4 lbs corned beef brisket
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 medium onions, peeled and quartered
- 6 carrots, peeled and quartered
- 1 bay leaf (or two small ones)
- 12 ounces beer
- 1 small cabbage, cut in wedges (optional)
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- Place potatoes, onions, carrots, and bay leaf in crock pot.
- Trim excess fat from brisket; put meat on top of veggies.
- Mix molasses with beer and pour over all.
- Cover and cook on LOW heat setting 9-11 hours.
- If desired, place cabbage wedges on top of meat allowing to steam for last 1-hour.
- Slice brisket thinly across grain (let it cool 5- 10 minutes for easier slicing). Serve with vegetables.