Gelson’s takes the health concerns around the Coronavirus very seriously and encourages their large staff and customers to prioritize their health first. With the severity of this crisis, we are offering paid sick leave and encouraging our staff members to stay home even at the first signs of sickness. We have also sent out proactive notes about hand-washing and make sure we follow good hygiene to keep others healthy.
We are working on providing a safe environment for our customers and employees by:
• requiring masks at all times for employees and face coverings for customers
• reminding associates and customers about social distancing
• limiting the number of customers in our stores to allow for social distancing
• employing door monitors to ensure occupancy limits are maintained
• cleaning frequently touched areas often
• providing contactless payment options at checkout
• partnering with Instacart for Pickup and Delivery options through shop.gelsons.com
• providing hand sanitizer stations to employees and associates throughout the store
• installing plexiglass shields at the checkout area
• providing dedicated times for shoppers 60+ and those with a disability to shop (at least the first 30 minutes Gelson’s is open; see individual store pages for details)
• temporarily suspending product returns – in order to protect our employees and our customers from any additional risk, we will not be accepting returns of any merchandise until further notice. This policy is consistent at all our stores, as well as with all of our competitors. Once a produce has left the store, we cannot accept it back and give a refund.
• Eliminating self-serve food stations