Raspberry-Chocolate Pots de Creme
October 10, 2018
Deep, dark, chocolate infused with raspberry liqueur and whipped into a mousse that is at once lush and decadent and unbelievably light. Pot de Crème is one of life’s sublime delights and — though you may choose not to share it — the perfect dessert for entertaining because it looks just as fancy and splendid as it tastes, but it’s remarkably easy to make. (Almost too easy!)
We serve ours with a little pile of ruby red raspberries. They provide a fresh sweet-tart note to complement all that dreamy creaminess, and they look so pretty on top of the chocolate.
6 oz Scharffen Berger semisweet chocolate, chopped
1 Eggland's Best egg
2 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp Chambord Black Raspberry Liqueur
¾ cup nonfat milk
1 pt fresh raspberries
- In the work bowl of a food processor combine the chocolate, egg, sugar, and Chambord. Pulse a few times to mix.
- Heat the milk in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. When little bubbles form around the edge of the pot, remove from heat.
- While the food processor is running, pour the hot milk over the other ingredients and blend for 1 minute, until chocolate is melted and little bubbles are present near the surface.
- Divide mixture among four ½-cup ramekins. Refrigerate at least 2 hours, until set.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries and serve.
Each ramekin contains:
- Calories 305
- Fat 16 g
- Saturated Fat 10 g
- Cholesterol 45 mg
- Sodium 40 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34 g
- Dietary Fiber 2 g
- Sugars 26 g
- Protein 8 g
- Vitamin A 4% DV
- Vitamin C 12% DV
- Calcium 9% DV
- Iron 9% DV