Sriracha Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
December 26, 2018
Tender Sriracha shrimp nested in crisp Bibb lettuce with lightly sweet cilantro-lime rice, fresh veggies, and bright green onions — this dish is so light and simple, and yet it packs in a bunch of flavors and textures. We like to make it for lunch, especially when we’ve got company: It’s impressive and fun, but it won’t bog down the afternoon.
The little wraps are very pretty composed on a platter, but you can also put the ingredients in small bowls and let folks build their own wraps. If you go that route, you might want to add more options, like crushed peanuts or sliced radishes.
Our tip: The exciting ingredient in this dish, the key to its kick, is McCormick Gourmet Sriracha Seasoning. It has all the salty, sweet, tang, and smoke we love about the traditional sauce, but concentrated into a super intense, bright red powder. We’ve been shaking it over popcorn, rubbing it into our steaks, and sprinkling it on deviled eggs — basically, it goes anywhere we’d normally use a little paprika. It’s so versatile!
1 Tbsp canola oil
1 tsp McCormick Gourmet Sriracha Seasoning
1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup jasmine rice
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 Tbsp lime juice
1 Tbsp sugar
8 Bibb lettuce leaves
1 cucumber, sliced thin, for garnish
1 carrot, shredded, for garnish
2 green onions, sliced thin
- Preheat a grill to medium-high, unless you are using a grill pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil and seasoning, and then add the shrimp and toss to coat well. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice as directed on package.
- Mix cilantro, lime juice and sugar. Add to rice, fluff with fork until well blended. Keep warm.
- Grease the grill or grill pan with oil, and then grill the shrimp over medium-high heat, until firm.
- Spoon rice and shrimp into center of each lettuce leaf. Top with cucumber, shredded carrots, and sliced green onions. Fold the sides of the lettuce over the filling and roll up to serve.
Recipe source: McCormick Spices .