TUSCAN BEAN DIP WITH GARLIC PITA CRISPS
- Serves : 12
- 6 Mediterranean whole wheat pitas
- olive oil spray
- garlic powder
- 2 15 ounce cans Carmelina Brand cannellini beans drained and rinsed about 3 cups
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 2 cloves Melissas organic garlic peeled and trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons Napa Valley organic olive oil
- 1/2 pint Del Cabo organic Sweet 100s cherry tomatoes halved
Preheat the oven to 400� Fahrenheit. Cut each pita into 8 wedges. Arrange on a baking sheet you may have to work in batches and spray sparingly with olive oil spray. Sprinkle with garlic powder and bake 6 minutes. Remove from oven, turn wedges over and spray with oil again. do not season with garlic powder unless you want very garlicky crisps. Return to oven and bake for 4 more minutes. Set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, combine the beans, sage, garlic, and salt in a food processor and begin to blend. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and blend until smooth.
Either transfer the bean puree to a bowl and sprinkle tomato halves on top to be eaten as a dip, or spread a generous amount of bean puree on each pita crisp and top with a tomato half for a more elegant presentation.