BUTTERNUT SQUASH APPLE SOUP
- Serves : 7
- 1 carrot peeled and cubed into inch pieces
- 2 16 ounce packages Juice Harvest peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 2 small organic Granny Smith apples cored and cut into wedges but not peeled
- 2 cloves Melissas organic garlic
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon Napa Valley organic olive oil
- 1 large organic onion diced
- 5 to 6 cups Health Valley vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh savory leaves minced
- teaspoon cinnamon plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 5 ounce container FAGE Total 0 yogurt
Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit. Place cubed carrot and squash in a baking pan and spray with olive oil cooking spray. Cook for 20 minutes, remove from oven, add apple wedges and garlic cloves, spray with cooking spray and return to oven, cooking about 20 more minutes, until the squash is tender.
Right after you put the apples and garlic in the oven, heat the olive oil in a soup pot over medium low heat and saut the onion until clear. Turn off heat, add roasted vegetables, 5 cups of broth, savory, cinnamon and honey and puree in a regular blender in batches. Add more broth if necessary. Heat over medium heat until hot. Ladle into bowls and top each bowl with a dollop of yogurt and a sprinkle of cinnamon.