BLACK BEAN SOFT TACOS
- Serves : 5
- 1 teaspoon Napa Valley organic olive oil
- 1 15 ounce can Westbrae Natural organic black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen organic petite sweet corn kernels
- 1 16 ounce container Gelsons Finest mild or hot salsa 1/4 cup reserved
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 organic avocado
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 Mission yellow corn tortillas super size
- 5 tablespoons Gelsons Finest fancy natural sharp shredded cheddar cheese
Heat olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add beans, corn, all but 1/4 cup salsa, cumin and chili powder and stir. Cover and cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low, uncover and cook 2 to 4 more minutes.
Meanwhile, mash avocado and mix in remaining 1/4 cup salsa and kosher salt.
Heat a separate skillet over medium heat to warm the tortillas one at a time, turning once after 15 seconds or heat them all at once wrapped in a damp paper towel in the microwave.
On each tortilla spread 2 tablespoons guacamole, 1/2 cup warm beans and 1 tablespoon cheese. Curl up tortillas and serve immediately.