TUNA, CHERRY TOMATO, AVOCADO AND PANZANILLA SALAD
- Serves : 4
- 1 pint organic cherry tomato medley halved or mixed red and yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium organic avocado diced
- 1 15 ounce can Sun Vista white beans rinsed and drained
- 2 slices Food for Life Ezekiel flourless sprouted whole grain bread
- 5 tablespoons Garlic Expressions dressing shaken divided
- 1 9 ounce package Earthbound Farms romaine hearts torn
- 15 Gaea organic black olives rinsed and drained chopped
- 1 6 ounce can Wild Planet no salt added wild albacore tuna
Preheat oven to 300 Fahrenheit.
In a deep medium sized bowl, combine tomato halves, avocado and white beans.
Use a pastry brush to lightly coat both sides of the bread with some dressing about 2 teaspoons. Cut each slice of bread into 16 pieces 3 cuts in each direction. Place bread pieces on a pan and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until totally crisp.
Add remaining dressing to tomato mixture and toss. Refrigerate at least 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
While salad is marinating, open tuna and transfer entire contents to a bowl. Use a fork to mash up the tuna and incorporate the juices back into the meat. Add tuna to a salad bowl along with olives and lettuce, toss lightly. Add the chilled ingredients and all of the dressing at the bottom of the bowl. Toss well and garnish top with cooled croutons.