BLACK BEAN QUESADILLAS
- Serves : 4
- 1 small organic avocado peeled pit removed
- 4 tablespoons El Sol organic medium salsa
- 1/8 teaspoon Le Saunier de Camargue fleur de sel sea salt
- 1 15 ounce can organic black beans rinsed and drained
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 Food for Life Ezekiel organic sprouted grain tortillas
- 6 slices Horizon organic sliced cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Early California sliced black olives rinsed
- 1/4 cup Wallaby organic 2 plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Del Cabo organic sweet 100 cherry tomatoes quartered
Preheat the oven to 350� Fahrenheit.
Mash avocado and stir in salsa and salt. Let stand while you prepare the quesadillas.
Place beans in a glass bowl and stir in cumin and garlic powder to taste. Microwave on high for up to one minute.
Place tortillas on a baking sheet. Place one whole cheese slice on one side of each tortilla. Split remaining two cheese slices in half and break up each half to fill in spaces on either side of each cheese slice so that there is cheese covering most of one half of each tortilla. Spoon black beans over cheese in an even layer. Fold clean side of each tortilla over the cheese and bean side and bake until cheese melts, about five minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and use a heavy knife to cut each tortilla into two or three wedges.
Serve quesadillas with guacamole, olives, Greek yogurt and tomatoes.