BLACK COD WITH SUMMER VEGETABLE TAPENADE
- Serves : 4
- 2 tablespoons Napa Valley organic olive oil divided
- 4 6 ounce pieces black cod
- 1/4 generous teaspoon Le Saunier de Camargue fleur de sel sea salt
- 1/4 generous teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves Melissas organic garlic minced
- 2 large Melissas shallots minced
- 1 Italian squash zucchini preferably organic thinly sliced into 1/8 inch thick circles
- 1 pint Del Cabo organic mixed heirloom cherry tomatoes larger ones halved
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons Cibo olive and garlic tapenade
Heat one tablespoon olive oil over medium heat in a large nonstick or heavy skillet. Arrange fish, skin side down in a single layer in the pan. Season tops with salt and pepper. Cover and cook five minutes, flip each piece and cook four more minutes. Insert a fork into the thickest piece to test for doneness, it should slide in easily. Transfer fish to a serving platter, discarding skin in the process, cover fish loosely with foil to keep warm.
Pour any remaining liquid out of pan. Add remaining tablespoon of oil to the pan along with garlic, shallot, squash, tomatoes and wine. Cover and cook over medium heat for five minutes. Stir in olive spread and cook uncovered, one more minute. While sauce is cooking, remove bones from fish by running your finger along the ridge and pulling out any bones you feel.
Pour fish juices off of platter. Spoon sauce over fish and serve.