ARTICHOKES WITH AIOLI
- Serves : 4
- 1 teaspoon fresh finely minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Le Saunier de Camargue fleur de sel sea salt
- 1 cup Straus Family Creamery organic whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- generous pinch cayenne pepper
- pinch black pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons minced Italian parsley
- 4 artichokes carefully washed thorny tips and stems trimmed to 1/4 with a large heavy knife
- 1 lemon halved
To make the aioli, stir together the garlic and salt. Stir into the yogurt, add lemon juice, honey, seasonings, and herbs. Let stand on the counter while you make the artichokes.
Bring about one inch of water to a boil in an extra large pot with a lid and a steamer basket inside. When water is boiling, carefully arrange artichokes, stem end up, in the steamer. Squeeze the juice of the entire lemon over the artichokes. Cut each lemon half in half again and place the quarters in any spaces between the artichokes. Cover and cook for 30 minutes for medium artichokes, and 45 minutes for large artichokes. They should test tender when pierced in the stem end with a fork. Remove artichokes to large plates with tongs and spread open the petals. Serve with aioli on the side for dipping.