JESSICA’S CHICKEN AND SPINACH SOFT TACOS
- Serves : 5
- 2 tablespoons Napa Valley organic olive oil
- 1 5 1/2 ounce container Field Fresh diced organic onion or 1 large onion diced
- 1 pound Gelson’s organic ground chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon Le Saunier de Camargue fleur de sel sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach chopped
- 1 cup Woodstock frozen organic sweet corn thawed
- 1 15 ounce can organic pinto beans rinsed drained and mashed
- 1 6 ounce container Wallaby organic plain 2 Greek yogurt
- 8 Mi Rancho organic corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup Organic Valley Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1/2 container El Sol organic salsa medium or mild
Arrange oven rack in top third of oven. Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook about five minutes, until they become clear. Add chicken, spread it out in the pan and season with salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder, and cayenne. Break chicken into small pieces. Cook until cooked through, about seven minutes, continuing to break chicken into small crumbles while cooking. Mix in chopped spinach and cook to wilt, about two minutes. Stir in beans so they can bind the ingredients together. Stir in corn and cook one more minute. Remove from heat, stir in yogurt.
Arrange four tortillas on the baking sheet. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken filling evenly over each tortilla. Sprinkle one tablespoon cheese over chicken filling. Cook on top oven rack for four minutes, until cheese is melted and tortillas are soft. Repeat with remaining tortillas, filling, and cheese. While tacos are cooking in the oven, heat salsa on the stove or in a microwave safe dish. Serve warm salsa with tacos.