Sweet Hawaiian buns drenched in herby garlic butter and piled up with tender rotisserie chicken, savory marinara, and melty cheese — these sliders are infinitely snackable. In fact, one of our tasters called them “The Donuts of Sliders.” By which he meant: "I intended to eat one, but accidentally ate three."
They’re also the perfect last-minute-game-day-get-together treat. Here’s our tip: Buy a rotisserie chicken in our deli, so all you have to do is pull the meat off and mix it up with the other ingredients. Twenty minutes of prep time and you’re a game day hero!
Servings: 4 to 6
1 package King’s Hawaiian Rolls
4 Tbsp pre-shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
4 Tbsp basil, chopped, divided
3 cups chicken, pulled from a Gelson's rotisserie chicken
1 cup marinara sauce
8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
½ cup butter, melted
2 Tbsp basil, chopped
2 – 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Heat oven to 350º.
- Combine the butter, 2 tablespoons of basil, garlic, and 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese in a small saucepan, and heat it on low, stirring occasionally until the butter melts. Set aside.
- Without separating the rolls, slice them in half and set the top portion aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pulled chicken and marinara sauce with the remaining Parmesan cheese and chopped basil.
- Distribute chicken mixture evenly on the bottom buns, and top with slices of fresh mozzarella.
- Put the tops of the rolls back on and brush them with the butter mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the buns are golden brown on top.
- Cut into individual sliders and serve.