Pacifico Striped Bass Ceviche Verde
Baja Ceviche (or “cebiche”, it can be spelled several ways) is a dish prepared with raw fish that is usually marinated in lime juice and other fresh ingredients. We love it with our luscious striped bass. Adding the avocado to the puree gives this presentation additional richness. You can finish with extra chopped avocado and cilantro to taste!
- 1 pound fresh Pacifico Striped Bass, Skin off and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup avocado
- 1/2 cup tomatillos, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, very finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed, seeded, and minced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Tortilla chips
Add cubes of striped bass and salt to a large bowl. Toss to coat. Add lime juice and marinate for 30 minutes. Watch as the fish turns from translucent to opaque, tossing twice.
Add the avocado, tomatillos, onion, cilantro, jalapeño to a blender or food processor. Add olive oil and chop lightly. Season with salt, pepper and more lime juice.
Serve with tortilla chips and lime wedges!