BEET, JICAMA AND BABY LETTUCE SALAD
- Serves : 8
- 3 fresh beets rinsed tops trimmed
- 3 cups fresh jicama peeled and diced about 1 pound
- 5 ounce organic baby arugula salad washed
- 5 ounce organic baby romaine salad washed
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup Flanigan Farms pecan halves toasted
Place beets in a small pot and cover them with water. Cover pot and bring water to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, 30 to 45 minutes, or until beets are tender. Drain the beets and rinse in cold water. Allow them to cool. When cool enough to handle, slip the skins off. Dice the beets.
While the beets are cooling, prepare the jicama and greens. In a small jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Shake the jar to mix the dressing. Toss the dressing with the greens, beets, and jicama. Divide the salad among 8 plates and sprinkle each with toasted pecans.