ASPARAGUS SOUP WITH SEAFOOD
- Serves : 8
- 1 1 1/2 pound container Melissas Yukon Gold potatoes peeled and cut into large chunks
- 6 cups Health Valley no salt added low fat chicken broth
- 3 bunches asparagus tough ends snapped off
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 1 tablespoon Napa Valley organic olive oil divided
- 1 garlic clove slivered
- 8 jumbo sea scallops quartered
- 8 raw shrimp peeled and deveined halved
Place potatoes in a medium saucepan, cover with broth, and bring to a boil. Cook about 15 minutes, until tender. While potatoes are cooking, cut trimmed ends of the asparagus in half. Add to the tender potatoes, and cook about 5 more minutes, until asparagus can be cut with the side of a fork. Remove from heat and use an immersion blender, or transfer to a blender, and blend until smooth.
Just before you are ready to serve the soup, make sure it is warm and stir in the salt, pepper, and milk. Heat through and stir in 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
In a medium skillet heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil and garlic slivers. Add the scallops and shrimp and sear about 2 minutes, flipping them over half way through. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper, if desired
Ladle 1 cup of soup into shallow soup bowls. Top each bowl with 4 pieces of scallop and 2 pieces of shrimp.