LOCAL STRAWBERRY, AVOCADO AND KALE SALAD
- Serves : 1
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon San j tamari lite 50 less sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Napa Valley organic olive oil
- 1 bunch organic lacinato kale leaves center ribs removed leaves torn into bite size pieces
- 1 small firm but ripe organic avocado diced in 1/2 inch pieces
- 12 medium organic strawberries hulled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1/2 cup Gelson’s Finest Chandler walnut halves and pieces
In a small container with a lid, combine lemon juice, tamari, and olive oil. Let stand while you prepare the salad. You may not need all of the dressing.
In a salad bowl, combine the kale and avocado. Use your hands to gently massage the avocado into the kale so that the leaves are lightly coated and the avocado pieces are still intact. Add in the strawberry pieces and onion. Shake dressing well and toss the necessary amount with the salad. Toss in walnut pieces and serve.